*Suraya works with clients in person in her office in San Rafael, California, and by SKYPE.
Call (510) 841-0888 or email Suraya at firstname.lastname@example.org for free consultation.
What is it that you truly love? What stirs your heart and makes you feel alive inside? In my individual work with youth and adults, I love helping individuals reclaim their wholeness by giving attention to what has heart and meaning for them, and to listen to their inner voice that know what they truly want and need. I work eclectically, attuning to what is needed by each individual, and I often invite use of Expressive Arts Therapy and Drama Therapy when appropriate to deepen and enhance our work together. The arts have a natural way of bringing more embodiment and aliveness to our work, and of helping each individual engage more fully in their process of healing and growth. In my experience, pure talk therapy can sometimes deepen the grooves of our disempowering internal narratives, whereas mindful use of the arts can help uncover new narratives and resources that we may not otherwise connect to through talk alone. At the core, I believe we all have an artist healer inside of us, or a voice inside us that intuitively knows what we need. May we be silently - or sometimes loudly - pulled by the call of that voice. Read on for more information about specific issues that Expressive Arts Therapy or Drama Therapy might assist you with.
EXPRESSIVE ARTS THERAPY
• Would you like be fully self-expressed and creatively fulfilled?
• Is there something that is blocking you from thriving in your life?
• Is there a dream you have that you would like to manifest?
• Would you like to learn how to transform your self-critic into creative inspiration?
• Are you someone who has a curiosity about how the arts may serve your process of growth and transformation?
• Do you have a hunger to explore a new arts forms, or to re-connect with an arts practice you gave up years ago?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, then you may benefit from working in an embodied way using expressive arts therapy.
Expressive Arts Therapy can help you:
• Feel vital, inspired and joyful.
• Access wisdom and guidance through the arts that may not be accessible otherwise.
• Tame your inner critic and learn to love yourself, your art and your life.
• Would you like be fully self-expressed?
• Do you want to create a performance out of your personal material?
• Are you someone who has a curiosity about how theatre may serve your process of growth and transformation?
• Are you an actor, dancer, musician, writer or artist seeking to take your work to the next level, but feel held back by some personal struggle you are going through?
• Would you like to learn how to tame and transform any inner critic tendencies with drama and the arts?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, then you may benefit from working in an embodied way using drama therapy. Drama therapy tools powerfully bring whatever is on the inside OUT, shining light on emotions, ways of being, gifts, wisdom and guidance that may not be accessible when we are operating in our "normal" way of being.
Drama Therapy can help you:
• Feel fully self-expressed.
• Transform your inner critic.
• Fully accept yourself with your strengths and your struggles.
• Use inner and outer challenges as sources of growth and creative inspiration.
• Feel confident and trusting as a theater artist, dancer, performer or artist of any kind.
"I was hesitant at first to try Expressive Arts Therapy, but Suraya's gentle, inviting approach made me feel really comfortable. I was so moved after trying the arts to see how much more they captured what was going on with me than words alone." - Z.T.
"With Suraya's support, I was able to finally change my relationship with my inner critic, which had haunted me for years after a very abusive experience in childhood. I now can say I truly love myself, and learned through the therapy process how to practice self-love in really tangible ways." - C.C.